The crew has been a bit banged up, but that does not compare to what’s been happening to their toys! Not even the Man of Steel is immune to the outbreak. Which figures actually made it out without a scratch? Tune in to find out!
Andy + Craig
LISTENER QUESTION: Kenneth Yu
Heard you guys wanted more questions or lists of what we’re looking forward to in 2017, so I’m answering the call =)
Question: Okay, what announcements are YOU guys looking forward to? Specifically, what are the goofiest, long-shottiest wishes you guys have that you think could still happen anyway?
My List (Both logical and goofy):
1) More confirmation on DC Collectibles’ DC Films. There’s been a lot of talk swirling around about how the releases after Supes and ArmorBats may be cancelled. I hope they’re not true, as I still badly need normal Batman and Wonder Woman from that line. This line isn’t perfect, but with Figuarts articulation in the DC Scale, it scratches a very severe itch for me.
2) A properly articulated, swappable-armor line built around Injustice 2. A core element of that game is being able to customise your superhero’s outfit. Mattel already has existing lines with armor-swap gimmicks, including their six-inch Halo line, and Mega Bloks Halo, Destiny and Call of Duty. I know Mattel is a big time screw up, and I usually hate them with a vengeance, but hope springs eternal.
3) An articulated Cthulhu. I have been asking the universe for this for YEARS, now. He’s public-domain, and every monster collector will want him, for Godzilla or Gipsy Danger to beat up. Cmon, NECA. Cmon, Monsterarts. COME ON, ANYONE.
4) This one’s pretty much locked. I want SH Figuarts’ BvS line. With how cool the Dark Knight looks, the Figuarts should be a no-brainer. I’ve held off on Figuarts a bit recently, because I prefer figures in a slightly larger scale, but I may have to go all on on their BvS offerings.
5) An official Hasbro Grimlock, based on the IDW design. His current comic appearance seems to be a combo of the FOC and TFA looks, with IDW touches that I’ve always loved, like the teeth on his robot-mode faceplate. I badly need that thing in toy form. (But frankly, I’d settle for any Neo-G1 / Henkei take on Grimlock at this point.)
7) Speaking of Dinos, how about we get a Dino Riders revival? Will this be the year? Please?
8) More Pokemon from SH Figuarts. I know Ash is incoming, and favourites like Mewtwo, Lucario and Charizard have been made, but there are a ton of awesome designs in that series, and I’d love to see SHF do more of them. (Also, Mewtwo deserves a re-release or rework.)